Located South East of Kansas City and just West of Lee Summit, Longview Lake offers 930 acres of get away for the whole family. With activities like power boating, water skiing, picnicking at one of the 14 picturesque shelters, fishing, jet skiing, swimming, or just a relaxing pontoon boat ride, you can see why Longview lake is such a family attraction. Longview Lake and Park are part of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Little Blue River Project for flood control, recreation and other water resource development.
Longview Lake Park
Longview Lake is a part of Longview Lake Park in Jackson County Missouri.
The park hosts many of Jackson County Parks & Recreation amenities and special events.
- A Full Service Marina. The marina offers many conveniences including overnight and annual rental slips, daily boat rentals, concessions, lakeside gasoline pumps, marine supplies, bait and tackle.
- Fishing for Largemouth Bass, Crappie, Walleye, Channel Catfish, Carp, and Bluegill. Doesn’t a big family fish fry sound like fun?
- Two Multi-lane Boat Ramps
- Two Fishing Docks For Individuals With Disabilities
- Fred Arbanas Golf Course
- Frank White Jr. Softball Complex
- Christmas In The Park holiday display
- Fourteen Shelter Houses
- Four-Mile Nature Trail
- Six-Mile Bicycle Trail
- Longview Lake Horse Park
- Radio-Controlled Model Airplane Field
Important notes about Longview Lake water sports
- Boat and motor permits are required.
- Windsurfing is permitted Monday thru Thursday from sunrise to sunset, and is prohibited Friday thru Sunday and holidays. Operators must wear a Type I, II or III Personal Flotation Device as approved by U.S. Coast Guard.
- Stand Up Paddle Boards are not permitted on Longview Lake (they ARE permitted on Lake Jacomo).
- Wet Suits are required for operators and passengers from October 1 thru May 15th for windsurfers and personal watercraft.